Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #22
Perceptor
Alternator
Re: Opposite Opinion!

I really enjoyed reading this thread... it's one of the better ones around... engaging and thoughtful. Like one of the posters here I also stopped following TFs for 20+ yrs and only came back after the Bay movie 1 came out. So for those who hate the movies, I think at least the movies brought back a generation of fans who didn`t follow Beast Wars etc. TF Animated didn`t look appealing to me at first but over time I grew to like the toys and loved their stylized design and looks.

Since we are talking about opposite opinions... I am going to say something `blasphemous` on this board... I know everyone is crazy about the G1 figures... but I don`t really care for them, even though I like the original TV show very much. Those original G1 toys have such limited posability, limited playability, and limited transformation that they just don`t do much for me. I like the Universe and Generation lines representation of those G1 figures though... much better playability. I don`t keep TFs in boxes, I play with them. So having fun transforming or posing a scene is all that counts for me.

I`ve given up on trying to collect only one or two lines or stick to original characters or movie characters or anything like that. If the toy looks cool, transformation looks fun, price looks right, then I get it. It doesn`t matter if the character never existed anywhere!!

So I have a mixture of movie bots, universe bots, generations bots, and TFA bots. And since the price on most G1 figures are quite expensive and playability lacking, I don`t bother with them. (I`ve lost all the G1 figures I had back in the 80`s.)

There, I`ve said it. Having said all that, I totally respect the love other members here have for G1s and other figures. I think it`s cool that everyone could be into different types of TFs and for different reasons. It makes the community interesting. I respect your opinion too if you think my verbage above is rubbish... that`s cool...
Perceptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.