Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 03:05 PM   #12
Stan Bush
I got the touch
Re: NETFLIX War for Cybertron: SIEGE discussion WITH SPOILERS

I thought it was slightly below my expectations, but I still enjoyed it and appreciated having a new, more serious show with a heavy G1 influence.

Positives:
-I liked the theme of Megatron and OP growing into the leaders we have come to know but not being there quite yet. Prime was a bit more boring, as he spoke slowly, and moped most of the time. Megs on the other hand, actually had an interesting arc. He started out being playing politics more, but as the season went on he started getting more and more ruthless.

-It was also fun to see the final stages of morality get exercised from the ranks of the Decepticons. Jetfire getting more uncomfortable with their methods before being replaced with somebody more bloodthirsty in Starscream

-I liked the Ratchet changes, and also liked a more solider-like Hound. Almost felt like Ironhide was miscast because Hound got his voice style?

-I also liked Shockwave. Scheming scientist suits him better than stoic loyal soldier. I thought he added much more menace than in his original incarnations

-I know a lot of people didn't like Bumblebee. I dunno. From a narrative POV someone had to be able to see the Autobots and not drink the Kool-Aid. I was ok with it being him. I also thought it was funny to see him devise the plan to steal from Soundblaster.

Negatives:
-Ultra Magnus. WTF? What a letdown for such a major character.

-The whole Alpha Trion protocol angle. Went through it all, just to take it away anyways? And if Bumblebee knew where the Allspark was, why didn't Magnus?

-How many Refraktors did we need exactly? They couldn't come up with a base generic Decepticon to use for group shots and make them more unique?

-The action sequences lacked. They were kinda boring and lacked fun and energy. Robots shoot at each other. Robots get shot. I thought the Jetfire sequence where he transformed, landed on a Seeker mid flight and cut off his nosecone, and transformed and took off again was a great example of how a lot more of the action could have gone.

-Decepticon Mirage being a hologram that lasted...what...20 seconds? I think seeing him undercover was a plot a LOT of people were stoked about. They teased us with an awesome toy and then that part was a major let down.

Overall, I hope Earthrise will now be brighter, and more fun with them off Cybertron. Looking forward to next season.
Stan Bush is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.