Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 09:27 AM   #1
legotf
Generation 1
I got scammed by user Mindtricks who also has username Nostalgic

Just letting everyone know. If there are mods who can get involved to ban him and maybe figure out what other accounts he has so they can be banned.

Honestly I was very foolish trusting this person, there were red flags but I am a trusting person by nature and it usually serves me well. I see there are a few users on the boards who bought and sold this guy some things, my guess is those are fake users but I will be reaching out and if any of you did deal with him maybe you can help me track him down and get the police involved. I know I am new here but I can provide text and email screenshots as well as an interact transfer screenshot. I feel really foolish but I think it is my obligation to warn everyone else about this scammer.

Please let me know if there is any official protocol for this on the site. Thank you

EDIT:

I am adding the description to this post so people don't need to scroll down to read it.

I was just foolish. I had posted that I wanted the fanstoys dinos and he private messged me. We agreed on a price, I interact money transfered him the funds and with 2 days he stopped responding to phone, texts and emails. His phone is a a pay as you go. Because it was interact transfer I can not recover the funds.

There were a number of red flags I should have noticed but sadly I was not careful. He said his name was Mike Nguyen we communicated via <mn8402@yahoo.com> but the email address I ended up sending the funds to was stevendec27@hotmail.com. I feel really embarrassed for falling for this. It wasn't a super elaborate scam I was just foolish. We spoke on the phone, we also texted but clearly this is a burner phone as he has totally stopped responding.

Last edited by legotf; 01-31-2018 at 10:10 AM.
legotf is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.