Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #29
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Re: Maketoys Yellow Giant VS TFC Hercules Review Comparison *ONGOING INVESTIGATION*

Cool, tonight I'll make the Connector's photos and indepth descriptions about them. As for the connector to TFC Hercs, it happened often that, while posing him around, the connectors, specially when rotating the limbs, disconnected the limbs on Hercs. Int not very much, but still somewhat irritates me a little bit. specially the legs on my Herc.

As for the Crane & Blender... why the tie? Yes TFC Herc's Blender is just down right awesome with the mixer making a gazillion weapons and all... but personally, he looks kinda fugly with all the weapons mounted on him... its nit picking, but compared to Maketoy's Mixer, they share quite a lot of ressemblance, the both have big empty calfs made out of the cab... I personally dont like the empty part but it's not much. then they both have the blender barrel in the back but Herc barrel makes lotsa weapons, while Maketoy on the other hand, even with the barrel stuck on his back, he doesnt look to have a big ass back pack... he looks quite good in fact with the barrel in the back... I think its friggin awesome. other robots has huge back pack and I complain a lot about it... but this one... I was expecting a big ass back pack, and turns out, it's not even a big deal. I also like the fact that Maketoy's Mixer can pose the forearms trailers on the barrel and it makes him a nice jet pack... so between Herc's blender with full of weapons, and Maketoy's Mixer with a jet pack... I cant decide... those figures are the strong points of the individuals bots.

Pretty much the same goes for the Dr.Crank & Crane... but these 2 looks so much alike downright to their almost the same transformation... Herc's Crank has a much better crane arm... yeah sure... BUT it's also huge and heavy, which for the individual robot Dr.Crank has lots trouble holding it, and Herc's giant mode, the crane on the shoulder is too big in my opinion and sticks way too long in the back. as for Maketoy's Crane, altho he has same transformation and all, his crane is a lot more slimer, smaller, but its also a bit more flimsy and stuck to his arm. But also once in giant mode, the cran can bend in the back and thats a big positive for me... so on one side you have 2 great figures, with little + and - about each... one has an awesome crane but its too big, the other has a smaller and a crane that bends in 2, but its flimsy and attached to his arm... I gave those a tie for these reason...

Also worth mentioning that now that I've played a lot more with both Hercs and Giant, the fight between Dr.Crank & Crane, I kinda love a bit more Maketoy's Crane. Here's a few more details why: Dr.Crank has them by connectors you have to open to put into Chest mode, these connectors, I dunno about you, but mines are friggin' hard to take out and I need a knife or something pointy to take them out of their sockets... also, there's so many of them, you only use 4 but there's like 8 of them connectors on him... I'm used to it now, but the first couple of times, I never knew which one to take out. On Maketoy's Crane, none of that exists... I like that a lot. He has 2 tiny doors to lift up and you plug in the arm connectors in them, thats it... and there's no need for connectors underneath him. And a final nit picking reason: Herc's head rest on a tiny flap that supposedly hold the front and back end of the truck together to make the chest... that flap never stays on and I need to always press on the head again and again for that flap to tab in and holds both end together... on maketoy it's a little hook that holds these parts together, and dammit, that hook hold in place quite tightly... its even hard to untab that hook to split the 2 end apart. I like it... it feels more secure.

but yes, I admit I should've talked about those connectors... I'll do tonight once I'm back from work

Last edited by Slave; 06-18-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.