Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 67 - Let Me Trust You

What line/series do you like the least? What changes could be made to that series to make you actually want to put out money for figures from that line?
Prime. Make the story/characters more compelling and original. I find that every time the show presents interesting possibilities plot-wise, they usually go with the obvious outcome or a less obvious and less interesting outcome. Just thinking back to the season 2 finale...
Prime: "We must stop Megatron no matter the cost!"
Megatron: "We have your children!"
Prime: "OK, we give up."
Me: "LAME!"
The show has no meat to it. There's no character development in it. Not like there was in say BW or Animated. It's just [Conflict] -> [Resolution]. All the characters seemed to have lost whatever development they had earlier in the series and have just become flat and stale.

Not to mention the stupid light-up Mech Tech gimmick ruins the voyager toys.

Which Transformer molds you guys would like to see remade in a Go-Bot line?

Not much I can add beyond what was said in the podcast. Updated eHobby Gobots set, Leader-1, Cy-Kill, etc. How about DOTM Skyhammer repainted as Gobots Warpath?
http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades...th/warpath.htm

What are your thoughts on Arms Micron as a toyline?

Meh. Nemesis Prime and Lio Convoy are all I care about.

Since most TF fiction is about war between Autobots and Decepticons,if it were up to you,what other adversaries do you want?

Bring back Sideways! I can't express this enough, he was one of the best things to come out of the Unicron Trilogy era. I'd also like to see some rogue characters in there too. Transformers who don't have an allegiance. Guys like Lockdown, Devcon, Overlord, Ratbat, Tarantulas, Guiltor, and Greatshot. Especially a Sixshot-type character, for obvious reasons, but also for some cool story telling reasons. A mix of the "phase-sixer" from IDW and the honourable warrior from Headmasters would be superb! Imagine a guy who could mop the floor with Megatron and Prime at the same time with one hand behind his back. A cold loner who has no interest in either faction, only his honour and what he wants. Yet has an odd caring interest in the Earth and humands. So that at the end of the series when Megatron goes balls nuts and is going to blow up the Earth, he steps in and finishes him.

How should I manage what and when to buy figures? How to prioritize your buying while still being able to get everything in the long run?

Exactly what Protoman said. Just be patient. Unless it's a really limited and/or third party figure, then you may want to jump on it. But for the most part, waiting is always better. Especially when it comes to the Masterpieces. Like they said on the podcast, we've gone essentially all of them so far except for Megatron for obvious reasons. And even then, you'ld have been better off waiting because the first release had that horrible "Cosmic Rust" issue. And honestly, I'd still wait if you're looking to get an MP Megatron. It's only a matter of time until they do a new, better version to go with the smaller MP-10 Optimus Prime.

What alt mode should my d*** take?

A gerbil.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 11-24-2012 at 05:20 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.