Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 01:43 AM   #16
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Is it time to stop glorifying the brand and focus on the designer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
This is what's wrong with the world. When artisans become less admired than the companies they made become what they are, society has failed.
Really? This is what's wrong with the world? This is how society failed?

If this was the biggest problem society faced, I'd take it in a heartbeat, and I'm sure the people of Paris would too.

You know what I see as being a problem in the world? Lack of critical thinking skills and too much hyperbole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
Creative brilliance should never be homogenized. IMO, a creative splendor can not be easily replace
Creative splendor? Dude, creativity isn't magic. It isn't something that someone gets gifted out of the ether with. It's hard work. It's developed through years of practice, like carpentry, or computer programming.

As for being homogenized. It's easy to hold ideals when you're not starving. Rare is the artist who doesn't want to get paid and paid well. The world of art is every bit as cut-throat as the business world.

Ever wonder why some well known authors, with worlds of their own to create in, wrote books in the Star Wars EU? Yes, in part, they maybe fans of the universe, but when you write a Star Wars book, you get paid well. It's pretty much an automatic NY Times best seller. It's a great career move, because now you can list on all your books that you're a NY Times best seller, and greatest thing of all, you get paid.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.