Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 08:28 AM   #8
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Transformer storage tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
Do you wrap the figs all separately or bunch them together? I worry about them bashing into each other if together and wrecking the paint/stickers.
It's tough to describe, but I inter-lay them kind of like bacon ripples

For one layer, say I put down four figs (usually in alt mode, or whatever is most compact), I'll put the sheet down one edge to the wall of the box/tote, with the rest hanging out
I space the figs out so there's a space between each, then fold the sheet over them, creating a new "layer"
On this second layer, I place some more figs in the spaces I left in the first layer
Keep folding the sheet over and inter-laying figs (keeping in mind to occupy all negative space if possible, whether with smaller figs or just bunching up the sheet a bit) - may need to use multiple sheets, but it depends how secure you want your dudes
The important thing is to make sure it's packed fairly tightly (not cramming), so that there's minimal space to jostle around
I mean, we're not going to FedEx this thing and kick the hell out of it, should still keep the box/tote upright, but this is just the manner in which I insulate my figs during moves

It's also worth noting I typically only reserve this method for figs I really like, beaters can just junk around and who cares

My whole Animated collection and the Beast Wars 10th anniversary figs, I put them back in their original packaging and they are all in boxes, haven't checked on them in a few years, hope they are all fine (BW10 Dinobot especially)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.