Thread: Storage?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 12:57 AM   #13
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Storage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
Debate is fine and all, but I'd like to see some damage actually caused by one. I've been using them for Lego since 1996 and for action figures since 2001 or 2002. Like I said in the previous post, the only thing that happens is that they get brittle and tear easy by accessories. I have yet to see any actual damage. Until something is provable, I'm not going to waste my time on archival bags.

Although that is the one thing I find handy about the Transformers lines now. With places to put accessories, you just need something to prevent them from scratching up the paint job on other TFs. No need for storage bags.
If you have something made of plastic that gets brittle and breaks apart, you can be sure that I wouldn't let that sort of thing close to any of my figures in storage.

I've wrapped my figures is paper towels, bubble wrap or foam sheets without any incident or any degradation after decades, my worse scenario is after going through my collection every-so-often, the paper does end up needing replacing due to manipulation and just not being very solid to start with, especially with items that have sharp/pointy parts.

I'd never use anything that I'd see any signs of degradation as it's a certainty that it can have an effect on anything that it's in contact with. You might not see it, but it's happening and by the time you'd see it, it would be too late.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.