Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #44
NorthmenCollectibles
Mini-Con
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

BUT, regardless of whether I think it was fair to enforce those charges in this instance, I will say this. In terms of posting responses here, I don't think this was handled well by Northmen. This could probably serve as an example of how not to approach a problem like this.

One bad experience is just one bad experience by one person, and a thread like this generally fades after a handful of comments. But when the store comes in guns ablazing, it just magnifies things, and it's never a good look.
So I'm going to pop in again just to clarify why exactly I entertained this post with a response. On paper I'd agree with you however the thing is that my replies aren't actually for the OP. My replies are for the people popping into this thread that are wondering what's up. There is absolutely no "winning" any kind of interaction with someone like the OP. I'd agree with you if I was actually trying to win a message slinging contest but I wasn't. I was just responding to various points of contention for any outside readers curious as to what happened there.

My replies have already resulted in two positive email interactions, one successful refund without any drama or bullshit where the fee was returned as a store credit (or it will be once processed), and a very complimentary PM. All in all it accomplished exactly what I was hoping it would and I would not redo this if I had the chance.

Could I have worded things a bit better? Absolutely. But here we are. Stores are not infallible robots, they are people too, and I don't take kindly to attempts to manipulate me into refunding something against policy by using a critical thread against me as leverage.
NorthmenCollectibles is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.