Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #90
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Zeta ZV-02 Core Star (Unicron)

Quote:
As for you thinking there is IP theft, allow me if you will, to play devil's advocate though. A lawyer could EASILY say to you that they have no idea what you are talking about. There is absolutely no IP theft here. Zeta is making a character named Core Star that is an originally designed and engineered product in the transforming robot genre. It's passing resemblance to this Unicron character you're talking about is purely coincidental. A judge will likely see it the same way, especially as Hasbro has never pulled this before in 35 years with all the 3p and ko that has happened. I don't see them having a very strong case, to be honest.
Exactly my point. It bears no resemblance to Hasbro's design, it's a different size and it has a different name. Zeta's Unicron is not a ko, it's their own unique design. They're not really infringing on anything here. I hope they just continue with production on the down-low and, if Hasbro tries to take them to court, they can prove that they aren't copying them.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.