Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 10:25 PM   #10731
CKWG
Masterpiece
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
$12 admission sure seems high to me. Victoria Hobby was like $5 to get in. R&R was $3 or something.
If you are looking for a cheap $3 admission to a toy show, go to the Scottish Cultural Center, Pop Culture Show which happens 4 times a year. R&R no longer exists. The closest thing to it is the Scottish Cultural Center Show which has seen drastic improvement since 2017 after a lot of the previous R&R vendors are vending there now. The tables are now selling out 2 months before the show instead of not even close to selling out at shows before 2017. Ages 3 and up are vending there everytime now as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvciv888 View Post
how was the comics show? ended up getting a segment on the news
I was a helper at one of the tables there, and this show is now over 200 tables of comics, toys, collectibles. Around 40% of the tables are comics, and the rest are toys and collectibles. Big toy shops like Toy Traders, Big Petes, Ages 3 and up, and Cherry Bomb Collectibles were all vending there. They did raise the admission from $8 to $12 and tables price are now $90, due to moving to PNE which is a much more expensive venue. I would recommend going next time if you have a big multiple toyline or comics want list, then for sure the $12 is still worth it.
If you only collect one particular toyline, and very few things on your want list, you might not be able to find something you want there and I would just get a friend who is going to help to see if your wanted item is there.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.