Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #30
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Re: Maketoys Yellow Giant VS TFC Hercules Review Comparison *ONGOING INVESTIGATION*

So here's the photos of the connectors I was talking about

Here you can see one of the legs, both are identical really...

For the legs, there are "clips on the knees which, when inserted into the legs, Locks into place, once in there, it's locked for good. The only way you can separated them afterwards, is to press on each side of Mixer's connector, there are "press buttons", and this unlocks the knee connector... it's the same for the other leg.

As for the arms, it's a Tad Different, here we see the connector from the shoulder and the hole into Crane to insert it. (with the secret door opened). Notice the pins on the shoulder connector, those will lock inside Crane's hole.

But for the pins of the shoulder to slide in, you need to press the lock mechanism on the back of Crane. see the image below:

Once you press one of those buttons (if you insert left arm, press left button), you can slide the arms into the hole and then you release the back button and the arm is locked tight in it. The arms wont get out of there unless you either didnt slide it in completely (which is easy to see since the arms will pretty much fall off) or you are pressing the release lock button in the back.

Personally I think this mechanism is pretty awesome. Its the little things that makes the difference.

On Hercules, all connectors are the same sorta Hexagonal pin that is held by a "pressed" plug... like the inside of the hole will have a "softer" plastic that will hold the hexagonal grove of the knob... not sure if I'm explaining this clearly... like the tip of the hexagonal pin is wider than the rest... well the soft plastic will press onto the rest and since the tip is wider, it is held in place. My problem with this is when you rotate the limbs, the "soft plastic" tends to let go of the hold it has on the pin... and the thing just pops out very easily.

Anyway, hope I shed more lights on this ;-)

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.