Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #27
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: Maketoys Yellow Giant VS TFC Hercules Review Comparison *ONGOING INVESTIGATION*

First, thanks for the comparison review. It was informative and entertaining, and I appreciate you taking the time to do this for everyone.

I have a couple of comments. I only have Hercules, so I can't compare them.

I was a little surprised Madblender and Mixer were a tie. Madblender was in my top two of the Hercules guys and you could hear the fanboy glee in the air when I transformed him for the first time. I felt they nailed everything right in updating Mixmaster, and to have all the possibilities with the weaponized barrel was icing on an already great cake.

(Then again, I thought Dr. Crank, the not-Hook, was the other standout for me, and he was a tie too.)

I would love to see a photo or diagram of the connectors on Giant because that sounds fascinating. I did think you sold Hercules' a little short because those things are solid. They're like HasTak's only in appearance because these things required some force to connect and I haven't had even the slightest hint of an unintentional disconnection. I pose him. I carry him around. I think it's the most solid combiner I own.

Not a comment on your review specifically, but I won't be getting the TFC upgrade. I personally really like the way they made the treads into what was the launcher/fist holders on G1 Devastator. I think it's elegant and a clever update to something that required extra parts on the original. I don't really want to...add extra parts to something I originally saw as a kludge, and an unattractive one at that. I'm glad TFC is making the kit for fans for whom that's important, but I am personally quite happy with the design as it is now.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.