Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 09:54 AM   #25
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
As I mentioned in the AB Sightings yesterday... my Sideswipe broke seconds after getting him out of the box:

https://imgur.com/a/rlm9r7v

Something to watch out for.

Also it appears every Megatron leg right ankle tilt is... broken? Like many reviews have shown, you can move the left one in and back OK, but for the right side you need a tiny screwdriver to pop the panel back properly.
Where did Sideswipe break? I can believe it.

Everyone is saying these figures are amazing. I got all of wave 1 yesterday and, just based on my very, very early initial thoughts, I find them a VERY mixed bag, at best.

Some ideas are cool, some succeed and some do not but I don't know why everyone keeps saying the articulation and plastic is "amazing". No it's not. The articulation is typical, nay for the bonus of an ankle tilt, I guess. Like, classics Hound or Siege Hound, both are fine, good, but neither is really better than the other, same with Classics or Siege Sideswipe. I like the Micromasters from the waist down but most of them are rubbish at the shoulders, especially Swindler.

Megatron has ankle tilts? Neither ankle moves on mine. The feet slide off super easy though.

I find the plastic feels pretty awful and I'm waiting for many things to break. I know I am the minority, but so far they feel really, really fragile to me.

Highlights for me have to be Cog and the target masters. Flywheels is okay, but he's no Battletrap! Prime and Megs - I hate the battle damaged look. Prime has a lot of small parts asking to crack off. I really, really need to spend more time with the voyagers, with all of them really.

I don't think I would be this hard on them if it wasn't for the price hike, if I'm being honest.

First impressions, you really don't need to rush out to buy these. They aren't THAT good. The line is....fine, alright, I just don't see why all the praise is being heaped on yet.

Last edited by GotBot; 12-18-2018 at 10:14 AM.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.