View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 02:24 AM   #33
riderman
Beast Machine
Re: Siege Jetfire is in stock @ TRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
And he's home with the family....

First impressions: where the heck am I going to put him... my Siege shelf is way too small for him... argh... if I knew they'd make such large figures I would have planned differently.

But that said... he's big, he's sturdy, great plastic, feels a bit like the type they used for OP (Siege voyager) but a bit softer, which is quite fine, as it offers a bit of flexibility with such a large size.

The good: robot mode, they did a great job and the face shield/mask is something that I am very grateful for as it looks amazing, but I prefer a robot/mech head type than human face. Overall a very nice, even stunning figure.

The bad: while plane mode looks amazing from the top, the undercarriage is so much robot kibble that could have been done better, and hidden more. The leg ratchets are great except for one that' s missing so I feel that in time, lots of these figures may learn to do a split. The arm cannons accessories don't hold all that well, and the hands transformation's pins to hold them in place are weak.

So another Siege figure and another time where I'll say... so close to being amazing but dang it, a bit more work of the design and he'd be so much better for it... again it feels that they went "ok, that's good enough, it's going to sell"....so he's in the very nice, great categories, but misses amazing.

I just think that the designers could have done a lot more, with less kibble, and it's amazing to see something this huge that they didn't design to actually carry other figures inside, even if just a few micromasters (cockpit non-withstanding).. that backpack is just so freaking huge.... the first pictures that came out, I hoped that it was as such, a section that big, so square, that it would be a passenger "deck".
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
We get so many updates that aren't as good as previous versions or...

This Jetfire is clearly the goat
Wow! Got it this morning from the Purolator Guy and after all the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY I'm afraid to open him up! I pre-ordered him for so many months and saved all my money for a plastic BRICK! So sad it came out this way because he was supposed to be my Birthday present!!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.