Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 04:00 PM   #6
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Too many TF toy lines? Which do you collect?

Which line(s) do you collect? and why that/those over the other lines?

G1 & Masterpiece.
I grew up in the G1 era, so the Sunbow cartoons and the Marvel comics are my stories. I will collect characters from those G1 storylines -- could be from any line, but I'm now really focussed on G1 and Masterpiece (or decent enough size-comparison with great articulation - if ER Cliffjumper was 15% bigger, he would do).

For me, I take to a transformer if it is a "robot in disguise", with an alt-mode which looks like an Earth-style vehicle. Yes, Trukk not Munky. Munky? Who are you fooling?

So, give me a truck, jet, tank, helicopter, racecar, and even a jaguar that fits inside a walkman. Though many of the characters were fun, I cared less for the likes of the Dinobots, Terrorcons, Predacons, etc. Did Trypticon and SkyLynx even have a real robot mode? I say "no". Still getting EarthRise SkyLynx though. He looks pretty.

Huge collection or carefully curated selection?

Unfortunately, too huge for my liking. I bought (CHUG) toys of G1 characters figuring I wouldn't be able to acquire the G1 toys I wanted, and that we wouldn't get anything much better. Example: Generations Blitzwing & Titans Return Blitzwing. I've gotten better in recent years with defining my collection. I want G1 (pre-movie and select post-movie), and MP (or very good articulating figures) of the G1 North America (NA) characters.

If you collect multiple lines does it ever get overwhelming?

I am not looking to buy up complete lines, but yes, it is very whelming. Why did every Transformer become a combiner? Why did every Transformer become a Headmaster? So weird.

Have you ever stopped collecting a line as a result?

As said, I'm not looking to buy up complete lines -- I just want to collect a great articulating representation of G1 NA.

Do you feel the market is over-saturated with all these options?

Yes. Why all the different sizing/classes? Why would anyone want both Siege and Earthrise figures, if they are effectively the same thing?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.