Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #19
TFtoys
Animated
Re: Transformers quality control issues of 2008/2009

Things you might do like some of the collector here suggested that you might ask for more discount while the appearance or broken box is easily seen for the last available item. Normally, they won't mind to sell out the last "defective" one with cheaper price and might thank you that you are willing to take the risk of it.

For the operation of the retail store, I am not sure if each store can decide their own stock for the particular TF class or the decision comes from the head office or suppliers. The major reason might be like Sears can not sell their TF on the shelf like Toysrus and Walrmat, they not carry more in the next time.

For the online QC check, I guest that's why BBT give you the rating and extra charge to choose for the C9 or C10 box. But indeed, is another extra charge to pay for the better quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
If nobody buys the defective toys then the store thinks "hey, these toys just aren't selling, so lets not get any more of them" and then the line suffers because of it.

Doing a scan for QC control is always a good idea, but sometimes either you end up getting someone to pick up the figure for you because they saw it when you couldn't get it (ie my family in Calgary saw it when I was in Saskatoon), you have ordered it online and it came that way, it's the last one available and is particularly rare, or it's something you can't see directly (like the case of the missing starscream heads).
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.