Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 03:43 PM   #34
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: I need a new Online store (preferably canadian) Not BBTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
So oddly enough, I had Scorn, Nitro and Octone arrive from BBTS yesterday, and there was no duty on them, which blew me away, because I've never not had to pay duty on items from them. Goes to show sometimes it's the luck of the draw.

CBSA does not hit us with duties on every parcel, they tend to hit at random it seems in many cases, but using BBTS moreso as it is a large and well known retailer likely not sending gifts to all of their clients. From my understanding BBTS will not reduce the value on the forms but will mark as gift if requested.

A good number of my BBTS shipments were dinged as well I found, but often they were higher value parcels. CBSA charge at least 10$ extra for the process of taxing the s$*t out of us, so the higher value might make that hurt less, but ive had it done for a parcel that was 80$ as well from another seller. Not all my BBTS stuff was hit with customs though. I also found its more of an issue with parcels from the US.

I found it was really bad when there were issues with govt deficits in the news or in reality but not spoken about in the news as much. As well, around Xmas time I noticed alot more parcels were hit with duties, and even those from overseas that were usually ignored from Japan and Europe got dinged. I had one SAL parcel from Japan get charged once this year, but the rest were fine. Fees for other Canada Post services also went up alot this year, so they need more money it seems.

Trying out Mandarake currently, hope I dont get dinged on that one....

Cheers,
MilanX3
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.