Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #45
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Tips and Tricks for First time TFCon Attendees

going to go against what a lot of people have said about doing a couple laps before buying, i'll admit that the advice makes my kind of shopping easier, but since i'm nearly done with what i want:

if shopping for vintage pieces or harder to get stuff, even older classics, mps, and whatnot:

1) Know the values and what you want to spend on each figure. Even a rough idea from completed listings for everything you want the week before the con will help you nab some good deals.

2) if it's a great deal when you see it. coming around for another lap is a mistake, it will be gone, get it then. Worst case scenario, you see one for a better deal or hear about it later, which doesn't bother me a whole lot since i already scored one for a good deal, maybe i could have saved $5, or i could have missed both and ended up paying $100 or more more than what i did later on the boards or ebay.

the above doesn't relate to 3rd party or current figures as they'll be at every other table anyways, those you just go to your preferred dealer and pick up.

Most importantly, shower and have a good time

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.