Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #10164
Flanker
Generation 2
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvicron View Post
How do you change it? How else is it calculated? I'm not familiar.
Settings -> Payments -> Manage Preapproved payments -> Set Available Funding Sources -> Conversion Options -> choose Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice -> Submit

According to PayPal, there are two ways it is calculated.

Quote:
Use PayPal's conversion process to complete my transaction using my card's currency.
- Both the original transaction currency and the converted amount that I will be charged are disclosed for my convenience. I understand that MasterCard and Visa have a currency conversion process. I have chosen not to use the MasterCard and Visa currency conversion process, and I will have no recourse against MasterCard and Visa with respect to any matter related to this conversion.

Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice.
- I will not know which foreign exchange rate has been applied to this transaction until I receive my card statement from my card issuer. I acknowledge that by choosing this option, my card issuer will determine the foreign exchange rate to apply to this transaction, and that I will not be informed of the foreign exchange rate or any additional foreign exchange fees applied until I am billed by my card issuer.
Basically, it's PayPal's rates vs. your card company's. In my case, PayPal has always been overcharging me.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.