Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Autovolt 127
Animated
The Dark Awakening was a Dark Awakening.

So Last night i was watching G1 and i saw Dark Awakening, I honestly don't really know what to say other than it's just weird how they brought Optimus Prime back as a zombie and to only kill him off at the end.

I think Season 3 was trying to toy with us, After the 86 film everything started going downhill from there. I mean Season 3 was a weird and wacky train ride from hell, I mean their were some really good episodes (like my personal fav "Fight or Flee) but this episode really shows the dark and gruesome side of G1 we weren't ready to be exposed to.

I think this episode was actually a Dark Awakening for me, I realized that 1. Rodimus was entireley pointless, he never got any real sort of charecter devlopment, infact i would rather saying undevelopment as bad what had happened to likes of Energon Dimolisher. I understood they wanted Rodimus to be imperfect but they make him sulk about being never as good as a leader than Optimus and 2. I really found it eerie the part when Spike and Daniel mention how they might have to suffocate or smother, The whole episode is errie in entirley how the Autobots have so much faith in Prime that they don't find it at all strange how Optimus is suddenly back from the dead and just willy-nilly give his position and Matrix back, I understand Optimus was the greatest of all Prime's but still very scary........

I also thought that Prime's death at the end was actually sadder and more heroic than his death in the 86 film but of course at the end of certain versions of the episode they say stay tuned because "Is this really the end of Optimus Prime? Wait for his truimphant return or something like that." I felt the episode was really entirely pointless, eventually Optimus Prime came back for the 3rd time and everything went back to normal.......well not really by then it was too late.

I guess i'd rate it a 6/10, I just find it to be way to strange and dark for a episode in a cheeseball tv show like this, Also I hate Quintessons with a passion now but that's a rant for another time.......
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759

Last edited by Autovolt 127; 12-23-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.