Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Re: Maketoys Yellow Giant VS TFC Hercules Review Comparison *ONGOING INVESTIGATION*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
What's the quality of these guys? I know many of you all love the 3rd party stuff but i've always felt skeptical. That said I am considering getting the Make Toys Green Giant set but QC concerns me. Also, is there a Hercules set too or just individual? Hercules being a bit larger I like but Green Giant for me is more Devestator but wish he was a bit more giant.
Any suggestions?
I was about to talk about the Build Quality once I had the complete Giant Set and the Main match of the giants... but if you want to know: Quality Built: TFC Hercules wins hands down... The plastic used is almost indestructible. No stress mark anywhere and trust me, I played with him quite a lot. My only concern so far are the rotating Joints: on mine they gotten really loose. ie: his right arm (Neck Breaker) can barely hold the gun cuz his elbow joint is really loose now (neck breaker's waist). Hercules Giant doesnt scare me at all if he ever was to fall down my shelve. He is SOLID

As of Maketoy Giant, the plastic is poor, I got stress marks already and if you read the review you'd know about a part that already broke on mine. There are a few spots on the giant that scares me because the parts feel flimsy and easily breakable.

No there is no full set for Hercules... maybe on ebay...

If you like a Solid & easy to transform Devastator: go for Hercules
If you want a good looking and much more complex transformation of Devastator, yes get the Giant

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.