Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
chans formers
raff ow roud
halloween 2014 optimus build

so yeah,this was accomplished/rushed in a matter of 3 weeks,including searching at local value villages for donor parts/etc.

what i have done so far=

custom g1-ish optimus cannon/rifle,complete with x8 super bright leds that run on a 9v battery and independant switch,9led mini superbright maglite and one of those iron man chest thingy's that feature 3 sounds including the "unibeam" powering up.
the main body of the rifle started life as a nerf "barricade rv-10".
the main barrel is a shampoo bottle that's been soaked in automotive gunwash to get the remnants of shampoo out so it didn't "fisheye" the paint,and alot of smaller odds and sods that were originally slotted to be added to the giant fort max i'm still building.

the leg armor is two baseball shin guards,reversed and a radio flyer wagon lost it's wheels to be screwed/glued to the sides.

the upper half of my costume will be a sweater of g1 prime my wife bought me last year and i actually managed to find a decent pair of blue snow pants.
my hands will have blue gloves,darker than i hoped but hey,1.99 ,you can't complain.

the head/helmet is where i'm cheating and using my bayverse voice changer helmet.
i actually have a second one that i've destroyed to make it more g1-ish but with a few days to go,i can't see it being done in time.

i'm thinking each year i may add to this costume and eventually maybe even find a way to either make it transform or automate it some how be it servos'motors,etc,but for now,this is what i have so far.
(the prime in the pics is tf prime voyager prime)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	optimus prime costume build 2014 001.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	26104   Click image for larger version

Name:	optimus prime costume build 2014 002.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	26105   Click image for larger version

Name:	optimus prime costume build 2014 004.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	26106   Click image for larger version

Name:	optimus prime costume build 2014 005.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	26107  

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.