Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Why did these spare parts sell for so much?? $56

Generally g1 parts are pricey, and the smaller and rarer the pricier (g1 jetfire gun clips, and accessories for roadbuster and whirl being some of the more costly).

There are conflicting theories as to whether buying a loose bot for cheap and picking up accessories later actually saves you money or not, but most people seem to feel buying a loose complete (with all accessories) bought saves you money and aggravation in the long run.

That said, looking at this lot, the Bruticus head and Onslaught accessories are NOT for G1 Bruticus. Some of the chrome weapons on the far right and the one at the top left are from Top Spin and/or Twin Twist, and those don't go for too much...maybe $3-$5. The blue missiles appear to be from one of the reissue seekers (they're too long to be original G1). I see at least one lego part, and one other non TF part (the red gun turret).

The G1 slag gun (smaller chrome gun on the bottom right near the other three) goes for about $7-$10.

Most of the rest of the guns (and missiles), assuming they're authentic G1, are going to be around that $5-$10 range.

So it quickly adds up in value, you see.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.