Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #13
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: suggestions for tfcon 2017

Some good points here.

The only thing I'd really suggest is to have an "autograph only" option for the major guests. As someone pointed out in another discussion, after paying for the VIP ticket, weekend admission, taxes and fees, the whole Welker experience came out to around $260.

Speaking just for myself, I can't afford that just for an autograph! And that's all I want. I don't care about fancy 8x10 pictures, "alone time" with the guest, or preferred seating for the panel. I'm sure there are many other people who feel the same way.

Also, while I love that Flint Dille wasn't charging for autographs, and I hope that we can get more guests like this in the future, there needed to be more organization at his table. I know that he was enjoying just having people crowd around his table and regaling us with hilarious tales; but the only problem with that is that you get people who don't move along. There was one woman while I was there who was literally monopolizing his table by standing right in front and leaning on it. At one point she actually laid right across it!
While I enjoyed his stories, that's what the panels are for. At one point I looked back and his line had to be at least ten people deep waiting to get his autograph. And I had been there waiting for at least 15 minutes at that point.
There was one TFCon volunteer there when I got there, but he wandered off to get autographs from Dan Gilvezan and Ian Corlette.

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 07-19-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.