View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 01:56 AM   #7
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises
Re: TF Con Event Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I agree about the cosplay contest, but I wonder how that will affect the cosplayer turn out. The majority of cosplayers do it for contests, I don't because I could careless. (Reason I never entered Sunstreaker or Bob in the contest in the past). But 11am for a cosplay contest just means we don't take this event at the con that seriously.
It honestly won't affect anything. Anyone that you see in the contest is the turnout. Cosplayers in this convention isn't that huge, and what you see is what you get.

When comparing it to the other events, panels, and custom contest, the cosplay contests are more of a secondary thing rather than the important stuff happening, such as the guest/toy panels and after-party events.

Quote:
Also I never saw TFCON as a toy show. I saw it as a Transformers convention. When I tell people about why they should attend it, I say it's a convention, a toy show isn't the same thing and if that is what it's graded now, it really bumps it out of the convention season and more into the tradeshow event status. Since the contest was alot later in the day in the past, it's strange to suddenly make it very early. I would assume it's because they are tailoring it to the kids and not the general attendance, or average cosplayers.
TFCon started out as a toy show and grew more over the years. At the heart of it all, TFCon is still a toy show, but with a bigger budget. It still qualifies in your 'Convention Season' definition because of when the con happens and the number of attendees. It is a tradeshow in some ways, but is structured like a convention.

Quote:
Since the contest was alot later in the day in the past, it's strange to suddenly make it very early. I would assume it's because they are tailoring it to the kids and not the general attendance, or average cosplayers.
Let me tell you something. Before you and your fellow cosplay girls showed up, the cosplay contest didn't even have a room, and way before that, it wasn't even considered a thought until cosplay became a thing at BotCon. The fact that there's even a panel about cosplay shows how far it has become, and you still complain about the time? Why? There is barely a general cosplay audience in this convention, but there's enough to hold a panel (That is small in attendance compared to VA Panels or the Third Party Panel), and why is tailoring it to kids a bad thing? Kids love people dressing up as TF characters, what is wrong with that?

Again, this convention is not going to be run like a comic or anime convention that you are used to. The Staff knows what they are doing, so please, stop making these suggestions to make cosplay into a bigger thing for a very niche con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.