View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #328
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Repair Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I'll check on mine this evening, see what I can come up with. My first thought is thread-locker, but that's without really looking at it.
After looking at it, there are three springs pushing that back part off, though not too forcefully. My screws seem to be solidly intact, and that might just be the condition of the screw holes on the front piece.

You'll need to repair the holes on the front piece that the screws go into, I suspect they may be damaged, and the screws aren't biting into as much as they need to stay still.

As a non-destructive way to try and fix it (without any sort of glue and taking the figure apart), see if three or four of layers of teflon tape on the screws help.

Or, there's water soluble Elmer's glue. a dab on the tip of the screws, tighten them down, and then use some weight to press the back and front together while the glue hardens. If there's a problem, water will remove the glue.

Hope this helps.

edit: Another thought; it might be that the plastic shaft that goes through the arm pivots have broken partway through. If this is the case, you gotta take the figure apart. There's enough pressure surrounding the pieces to keep the back piece connected because it would need to pull straight out instead of rotate along the axis of the "butt" pin (and that can't move very much).

You'll have to remove that "butt" pin to take the back off. Be careful and good luck trying to keep the springs where they're supposed to be.

Last edited by Shepp; 04-05-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.