Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 09:23 PM   #8
Black Spidey Boy
Robot in Disguise
Re: Fun Topic: To toss boxes or to not toss?!

I used to keep all my boxes, but storage space was an issue and I’ve since started to discard the boxes of domestic releases for figures I’ve opened.

My reasoning being that for mainline stuff, it doesn’t affect the resell value *that* much. If I were to sell them down the line, potential buyers would be more concerned with whether it’s been opened than whether I still have the original box. I just bag and label the accessories (and undisplayed figures) and store them in a bin.

That being said. For (3P)MP figures, I have kept nearly all of my boxes. I’m not too concerned with resell value, but rather because in the case of MP scaled figures, some could be difficult to ship or transport without the original box and packaging. For example, the GP Dinobots would be tricky to transport in robot mode without their boxes. I should probably re-evaluate MP boxes on a case by case basis because together they take up a lot of space. I threw away Hasbro MP Soundwave’s gigantic box because it was the most inefficient box I had.

For legends scaled stuff like NewAge, I’ve kept my boxes so far because all of them put together hasn’t taken up that much space.. yet.
Black Spidey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.