View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 03:24 PM   #12
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: MP Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
MP Grimlock would like a word.

I think it'll be a long time before we see any MPs from the Prime series (I mean good grief, it's only a few years old, and the original figures are already pretty fantastic!) but real-world alt modes are certainly not a requirement for MP figures. As mentioned above, the upcoming Star Saber is another example, and I'm sure they'll eventually get to characters like Galvatron... who knows, maybe we'll get an MP Unicron one day!
True enough argument there, but Grimlock is the only anomaly in the line because his badass attitude said so, lol. Realistically speaking though, their designers have never otherwise made the decision so far to give any other beast-former the Masterpiece treatment. Keep in mind that Star Saber's entry into the Masterpiece line was only because it was decided by that Fan's Choice poll that Takara had as part of the 30th anniversary festivities and not Takara's choice themselves. There's no way to say for sure if or when they'll allow the fandom to pick the next character to be given the Masterpiece treatment. 35 and 40th anniversaries? Maybe. 50th anniversary? Well, I sure as hell hope both Takara and the fandom last another 20 years or more.

Last edited by Chigimus; 01-16-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.