Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: TFCon 2018 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

The only thing that really bugged me about this year was some dealer's policies when it came to convention exclusives. I got turned away from buying certain ones because I had an Exhibitor pass, and pretty rudely too.

I totally understand that there's limited stock of some exclusives and that they don't want other dealers to resell them for mark up, but c'mon just cause I have the Exhibitor's pass doesn't mean I'm looking to the scalp. Besides, that's not stopping another attendee from just scalping it themselves so I found that to be a little unfair.

Apparently, people with the VIP pass had this exact issue too. I only really want Severo Core anyway so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it still rubbed me the wrong way how it was handled...

Other than that, I agree with the dealer room. It seemed like there weren't that many dealers this year compared to previous ones, and no switchover on Sunday was a bit surprising.

Just felt like there wasn't much variety or lucky finds as there were in past years. There need to be more food options too as the Quest bar absolutely sucks in terms of service it would be nice if the staff could look into bringing in food trucks or something. Personally, I think the show has gotten too big for the hotel and the staff might need to look into going to a bigger venue.

Last edited by Dragon Knight; 07-17-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.