Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: Considering getting rid of my Prime figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
It's just that the whole debacle we've been living through has really killed any excitment I had for this line.
I kind of get that. But I like the Prime designs too much. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of my G1 figures instead, but that's because I have to downsize again. Maybe it's just one of those times to re-evaluate what's important to you?

I'm frustrated with availability and Hasbro's increasing cheapness (QC, paint, size, etc.) But then something like FE or PRiD Wheeljack comes along and it keeps me hopeful. Stuff doesn't get much better than that in my book.

Quote:
Outside of old/rare/foreign figures, I don't think I should have to resort to buying figures online that I should be able to find in stores. I really don't want to pay the inflated online prices, or the ones that will likely be at TFCon either.
Then don't. I used to stress about missing things, but then life goes on. There are always other things. I wanted FoC Bruticus, but that's not happening because I took a bathroom break at the wrong time. I'll content myself with G2 Bruticus and some paint. The aggravation/cost/stupidity of $200 eBay FoC Bruticus isn't worth it.

I didn't get FE Vehicon and life went on. Maybe I'll get it later, if it comes out. I skipped HA Soundwave and Deluxe Soundwave and Leadfoot and it just isn't a big deal. If I ever see one, great; if not, oh well. It's not like I have nothing to transform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
How's that different from any other TF line?
Because, for the most part, the other examples you mentioned were towards the end of each of those lines (not all, but most). This is the beginning. And it sucks. If this is what it's like now, what's it going to be like for the rest of the line? It doesn't bode well.

If you go to my local Wal-Marts and look at the Transformers, you'd see something that looks like a struggling toy-line not long for the clearance aisle. Disorganized, small, poor selection, and confused. You'd never know Hasbro had a new product line. It's embarassing. This is not entirely Hasbro's fault, but the Lego section never looks so low-rent and the other action figures look decent. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Transformers were in trouble.

Quote:
Acting like a child with a tantrum won't matter to them, to use an analogy that fits with toy collecting if I may.
Bit harsh, don't you think? As far as I'm concerned, Hasbro is the one here who is dropping just about every ball. I can't remember a time when I have had conversations with so many other collectors who are just tired and frustrated of the increasing bullshit. I've never heard it to this degree. There have always been annoyances. Now it seems like there are more than ever and they are front and center.

It's a good thing that SDCC was recent, that new toys are starting to trickle in, and it looks like there are decent things in the pipeline.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.