Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Fanwank theory 96: Beast Wars & TF Prime are in the same continuity

No. I can't see Prime tieing into BW. Though there are links there, I can't see them connecting in any way that one could be related to the other. I can see WFC, and theoretically FOC, tieing into Prime or G1 respectively. And G1 is part of the BW continuity. But I can't see Prime and BW connecting, as much as I'd love to see them try.

Although here's a theory for you. The G1 universe that BW is based off of is said to be a mix of the comics and cartoon continuities. What if the tampering with the timestream in BW damaged/polluted their timeline in such a way that it splintered and split the BW G1 timeline into 2 parallel timelines? Thus retroactively creating the G1 cartoon and the G1 comics.

Now to take it a step further, let's say the original BW G1 universe, prior the Maximals and Predacons going back to prehistoric Earth and changing the timeline, is the prime universe(prime as in first and original universe, not as in Prime the cartoon's universe). So in the beginning there was only 1 Transformers universe, but when that timeline split, it caused a chain reaction. Creating new alternate timelines, each exponentially more different from the last. Starting with the DW and IDW universe, and eventually leading to RiD, Armada, Animated, movie, Prime, TransTech, Shattered Glass, etc.

Now as a side theory, take Unicron. We know he basically wants to systematically destroy every universe in existence until nothing is left. But what if Unicron is just trying to return everything back to the way it originally was, with just 1 universe, the prime universe, the BW G1 universe prior to the split. In the episode Possession, we see Ghost Starscream as a disembodied spark who mentions a battle with Unicron. Though the events of his demise he lies about, nonetheless, there was a battle with Unicron in that universe. We assume he's talking about the 86 movie, but what if this was Unicron not just trying to destroy Cybertron/Primus, but also him trying to stop the original ancestors of the Maximals and Predacons before their descendants are even created and cause the timeline split. This would also explain Tarantulas and him being a "Unicron spawn". If he was a creation of Unicron, his true mission in BW might of been as a backup plan by Unicron to prevent the timeline from splitting or at least try to fix it if he's unable to do that.

While I do enjoy thinking about BW and time travel and alternate timelines, I still don't think there's anyway to directly connect BW and Prime. Although it would be cool if something like that happened in Prime. Like maybe a fast forward episode. Maybe they find a relic that happens to be a time travel device and they go into the future and meet the Prime versions of the Maximals and Predacons. They could even use said relic in a later episode to explain how the Autobots got to Earth, how they met Fowler, and how they ended up living in their top secret government base. For example, something terrible happens to the Autobots, like they're all killed, and as a last ditch effort to try and save them, the kids go back and time, where they find all this out.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.