Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Beast Wars pricing in the 90's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
See here is where we differ, I don't go by what the size class was called, but how large the figures are comparatively to the modern figures.

The Mega Size-Class of the Beast Era is more akin to our Deluxe scale nowadays than it ever was to the Megas of Energon. Toy Scale Wise, BW Inferno is roughly as large as, say, Armada Demolishor or Cybertron Hot Shot.

They are nowhere near as large as the later Megas that came out in height or bulk.

BW Ultras pretty much can meet eye to eye the Voyagers of this new era.

At least I want to say this, but I could be a bit off, as height in figures have never been consistent even in their own line.

Still, I'm pretty sure I never once spent 40$ on those BW figures in the Ultra scale, either I got them on sale more often than not, or I had a lot more money than I realised with my mediocre High School Cafeteria job.
Size Classes were invented by Kenner (part of Hasbro) in 1995 to be price points and simplify the case assortment and store pricing process , but those price points never had any link to the size of the toy (See Beast Machines Mega Class Megatron as a prime example)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.