Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #7
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

So... The new Kingdom version is slightly remolded, with less painted details (not just the dirt paint). The shins are bothersome. This was clearly made by changing as little as possible. The trailer in alt mode is so stupid, it's not even worth mentioning. The truck in alt mode has some serious hands sticking out the back syndrome. For the price of this figure, you'd think they can at least swivel the hands into the forearms.
The guns, looks like they didn't include the two black guns. But that's ok, because there were only so many weird places those guns could go anyways.
The Siege version stands as the only toy I have ever returned to the store for being so bad, and barely holding together. I wonder if they fixed the peg for his shoulder missiles that were so floppy (upon closer inspection, they remolded the missiles, so maybe?). The forearm covers never held together for me. There was nothing cool or fun about this figure.
The face looks weird now.
The only positive change I can see is the shoulder stacks are thicker, but are hollow so it just looks tacky. I recall from the Siege version, the shoulder things didn't stay on very well.
Maybe they improved some things about this figure, but it's sortof two steps forward and two steps back and you end up with the same pile.

CW version will be sticking around for a while. At least it can swivel when in alt mode while pulling the trailer, and could be used as a useful car carrier, and transforms in such a way that reminds me of the G1 transformation.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.