Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:06 AM   #1854
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Star Wars Discussion (The Last Jedi Spoilers Within!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post

But I did like that he told Rey the Jedi are legend'd to be more good than they actually were. He alludes to how corrupt they were, allowing Darth Sidious to rise.
To me thats another example of something he had no reason to think. It sounded like Luke had spent too much time talking to me It sounds like reader/viewer knowledge that the characters in universe would have no way to know.

And if he did believe that then why give two cents about what Yoda thinks?

I don’t recall his exact comment from the film, but Sidious’s rise had little to do with Jedi corruption. The Jedi were trying to stop the Sith not realizing they were unwittingly being controlled by one. More ignorance than corruption, unless we want to claim some moral corruption for them leading a clone army of child soldiers, which I’m good with

But again, they were using that army to try and stop the Sith. It is a discussion with a lot of sides to it.

Jedi were responsible for 25,000 years(give or take) of peace and prosperity and 30 years of darkness(if we are 100% blaming them fir Palpatine), so Luke’s take is pretty out of wack to me.

And the Sith ultimately would have existed with or without the Jedi. Again Luke’s POV is odd.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 01-18-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.