Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #997
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Star Wars Episode VII Discussion (Spoilers Within)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Just saw it. Shame on you George Lucas for your over-CGI'd prequels. You basically ruined Star Wars for me. Enter JJ. Star Wars redeemed!
Yeah, when you put the prequels up next to this it's like a legends class figure trying to compete with a masterpiece level one. No competition.

It's funny, I read an article where they were talking about how Lucas had story treatments for the sequels. Disney takes those treatments and puts them in a safe place where they belong, in the trash.

Lucas was supposed to be a consultant but couldn't agree on direction of the sequels. Lucas said Star Wars was a soap opera. And Disney said it's a space opera.

Lucas walked away because he knew he wasn't going to get what he wanted. Disney decided to go in the direction of giving the fans what they wanted. Hahah..

Hinty spoilers ahead, so turn away now if you haven't seen the film.

Lucas said this about the prequels. "You see the echo of where it all is gonna go. It's like poetry, sort of. They rhyme."

Well that's what Abrams did with the sequels and he did it right.

If you think about it, it's almost like a bit of a jab at Lucas, showing him that there's a difference between poetry that sounds like a wet fart and one that's sweet and haunting.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.