Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:37 PM   #35
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: PotP Voyagers and Deluxes on Rollback on WalMart.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Gentlemen, I had success price matching with Toys R Us. The more experienced lady at the customer service counter said they do match, but not %, only listed prices. I had the Toys R Us flyer that listed the price so she had no problem doing the price match.

At this Wal*Mart which is the one on The Queensway across from Sherway Gardens in Toronto, they had rollbacks on the POTP Voyagers & Deluxes.
Let's be clear, WM doesn't pricematch, they only "ad match", which is their way of weaseling out of actually price matching anything. I've had quite a few bad experiences because the employee(s) point to the picture and says the picture has to match the exact same toy on the flyer, and not bothering to read the description of the toy.

I've even shown TRU's website of an item in-stock and listed at a lower price, but their argument is that it must be on a flyer. I'm not sure if they're audited or get in trouble for not following an ad-match by the book, but clearly they don't think straight or want to do work they don't have to.

"I would like to buy this item from your company (employer) instead of your competitor, at the competitor's listed price Please." AKA I would like to give you money for the sale of a good PLEASE.

Immediate reaction by the WM employee is a hard look and scrutinizing of finding ways to -not- take your money. WOW.

I'm not sure if this a way of a WM employee powertripping or something else, but this is pretty much their attitude towards ad matching, both by cashiers and their CSMs. The "M" stands for "Manager"

Sorry, bitter much? Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Walmart has a 30 day price adjustment policy according to the website.

I got my wave 2 figures 45 days ago at walmart so im SOL :/
Technically, what's to stop you from refunding the items back and simply re-purchasing the items at the sale price? But that's only if you have the items unopened, or opened and complete with all packaging. TRU is pretty lax and understanding with the price-adjustment time period.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.