Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #15
Omegatron
Gen 1
Re: Omegatron's new Collection Cave

Quote:
How often do you have to dust? (serious question)
and how long does it take you!?
Quote:
Also you had mentioned lighting being led, I presumed you meant just as for lighting the display? and not in the core of the space? I can't make out what lighting your using in the center of the room.

Reason I ask is I was wondering if led consumed the total space, Core lighting for the room and led for lighting the display, in you opinion would the led's cause any harm to the figures ?
I dusted everything when I first set up the room so I don't yet know how often I'll need to dust the new space. I don't use forced air for heat so the only dust in the room should be generated in the room and not spread from other parts of the house so that will help. I also find my collection does not dust up that badly. Anyway, its best for the toys if you don't dust them too often. There is nothing really dangerous about normal household dust (to a plastic and metal toy anyway), and dusting introduces the chance to break something, so really I'll only dust when it becomes unsightly.

Lighting. Yes everything is LED. A couple of the displays do have their own lights (also LEDs) but the majority of light in the room is from the overhead track lights. I have two sets of light tracks arranged in a rectangular pattern for a total of 16 individual lights which can be individually directed where I want them. That's tons to light everything up well. I should also have mentioned the lights are also on a dimer, so if I don't need the full light I can reduce them.

LEDs really don't produce UV (a very small amount, but effectively not worth worrying about). You can still damage your toys from visible light though (not as badly as UV but you can) so really the best approach is when you leave the room turn off the lights. LEDs also produce very little heat which helps as well.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.