Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #13
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Need some advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
Glad it all got worked out!, but if it's listed as MISB, and there is stuff missing.. as long as that box came sealed (not resealed) then you can't hold them liable for the missing instructions, I understand you didn't want to return it, but in retail that's what you would have done returned and got a different one. I think its unreasonable to expect them to open another one just so you can get your instructions. I've had a few situations where I have ordered a MISB product and it was broken. Not the sellers fault, and I'm not going to ask him to open another one to give me the broken piece. I believe it is up to the seller to try and rectify. But you can't expect them to ruin another one just to fix yours.

just my 2 pennies
I understand this, it's perfectly reasonable, but, in the instance of broken or missing parts, if you had bought said item from a store like BBTS, or any of our site sponsors, and they agree to send you your missing/broken piece, where do you think that piece comes from? To my knowledge Hasbro/Takara or 3P companies aren't in the habit of sending online retailers boxes of random parts "just in case". That retailer has to open up a package and get the missing piece out of it.

So should someone who runs their online store through eBay be held to a lesser standard because they're on eBay?

This wasn't just some collector selling off his collection I was dealing with, it was an eBay store. If you're going to operate as a retailer, then you should be accountable for your merchandise. Especially on a platform like eBay where your reputation aka your feedback, is key in doing business.

In this instance, if someone asked me what my experience with this seller was, I'd honestly say that it was packed well, shipped super fast (seriously, it got from Korea to Toronto in less than 2 weeks!), there was a problem with missing contents, but the seller made it right. Do business with them in confidence!

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.