Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #59
ngnaw
Armada
Re: Hasbro Summer Savings - 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
The savings are obtained from TRU. Let's say he gets 4 wave 1 or wave 2 deluxes from TRU with the current sale of buy-1-get-one-half off, then applies the $20 off $50 coupon. That's basically 4 deluxes for $40.

Then you take said product from TRU to a Walmart and as he suggested, exchange them without a receipt for Walmart's stock of wave 3 deluxes. Some Walmarts will do straight exchange for product they carry themselves even without a receipt. Since the UPC's of wave 1 and wave 2 deluxes will still scan and be recognized in Walmart's system, they know they can sell it; some stores will return them to a gift card as store credit only, which is sometimes a moot point to the CSR because they know the customer can just spend the store credit right away so they'll honor the no-receipt exchange. That's where the savings are: the savings are obtained at TRU, then the product gets exchanged at Walmart. YMMV. Apparently the Walmart that evenstaves goes to will allow that sort of thing, but it's not a standard practice company wide.
So you don't even buy anything from Walmart, you just go in, bring the figures you bought from TRU, get the ones from Walmart and do the exchange? meh! I don't mind screwing over Walmart but too much running around! I'll be patient and get them from TRU!

Last edited by ngnaw; 06-18-2018 at 08:30 AM.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.