Thread: Toys R Us flyer
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #622
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Tru flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
I think I was one of the first to buy the set back in late August when they first hit the Toys R Us shelves and from what I have seen in photos/videos of reviews it is very awesome.

I haven't opened the Reconnaissance set because it doesn't feel satisfying unless I get it at some kind of a sale price. I was fortunate enough also to get Siege Skyfire & Omega Supreme at the sale prices so both are opened and I am happy.
Yeah, I really hate the pricing wit Siege, they are absolutely overprices, but as the quality is so much better than so many years of the brittle plastic, it feels like they used the "new Coke" approach to me at times.

That said, ending up paying full price of a few of them appears to be the evil to live with as otherwise, it could result in missing some figures.

Anything from TrU is usually via a sale, but Walmart or EBgames, they never have sales... so exclusives or hard to find ones end up feeling "get it when you see it or you miss it". The G1 reissues, I got a 30$ Starscream on liquidation and that's all I cared for (and would pay for), though the cassettes are nice, at 30$, nah, that's just nuts and I like the Siege cassettes just fine and look forward to more (though they should have included at least one with Soundwave, THAT was a cheap shot).

I've been a collector for a good 40+ years now, and after just limiting myself to the odd one here and there in reference to what I'd actually buy as I've been either financially limited, but also (and more) very picky. Heck, at 'cons or such, finding something that I missed a few years back at a good price has been fun and nice.

Siege has been the only series that managed to truly pull me in for the G1 original figures. Most have been the absolute best versions of "original but updated engineering" that's ever been made, and I don't know if they'd ever top them off, but also feels that once this series is done, they have so much to "redo" from the G2 and all the other series that follows, that once Siege G1 are done, we won't see G1 for a long time... but then, they might be stupid and redo them over and over and not move to the next 30 years worth of figures/characters that they can get done.

Titan wise, I missed Metroplex, but have Fortress and now Omega (returned Trypticon as he broke right out of the box and that put me off to not replace him) and the only sort of character that I would consider would be a Tidal Wave or such. (not a Scorponok fan).
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.