Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Re: How Toys are released now-a-days Pro-Cons

To reinforce a comment I made earlier. In regards to hasbro being able to produce say 30 differnt figures and still make it profitable. I certerianly do believe that they can produce that many Deluxe size figures and turn a profit.

If retailers toke the same approach to Transformers as they do say Lego, the shelves would always be stocked and displayed well. Its just an observation that everytime I ever went looking for a Lego sets, it has been there(TRU, not wal or Zel). They were Nice and Neatly displayed on the shelf. There is something to be said about an item that is in a box and can be stacked one way or antoher. Vs peged items.

The simple attractiveness of a box is appealing to me. Where pegged items have a level of lacklustor. It just seems messy to me. It would be appealing if they could ship out the figures not as a assorted lot with the same upc, but as its individual box. Like a box of 4 just containing say only one figure like Kup. Yes I know it would take more shelf space. However thats the price to pay for apperances. It would be more indicative of the G1 or certian parts of the BW era. Legend size figures can stay on peg. But anything Deluxe or larger should be in a box.

I personally would be willing to fork out the extra Dollar or two to have my item in a box vs a clamshell bluster packaging on card. I know its not enviromental, as there would be more packaging. But thats a mot point for me.

As a retailer I would just assume astetics are as important and turn over.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.