Old 03-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #25
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I can tell you POTP was the last time deluxes were $19.99 CAD
It's also the last time that deluxes were on cardback w/ plastic bubble (blister pack?)

Titans Return was the last "Has & Tak are different decos" line, that's why it was so radically noticeable

So we definitely had POTP "bridging the gap" where deluxe was still TR prices, but Has & Tak started their unification there

We started to see price increase after POTP with the TLK deluxes; they were all in boxes, and I think they were $24.99? Might have been the full $30, I only got Cogman from it anyway (like, less than a week before they announced SS Cogman, argh)

Siege began putting Generations deluxes in boxes, and the price point jumped to $29.99 CAD
TLK deluxes were 30.

I recall vividly because they straight redecoed several age of extinction toys and had the gall to charge ten more.

I will say that I'm glad they ditched the shitty battle damage. But grapple has painted orange parts??? Oof.

And while cliff is "short," his overall size and complexity is much more than a legends. Still should not be $30. This should be a class between micromasters and deluxe. There are plenty of other bots who could fit in there.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.