Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 08:13 PM   #22
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

Price increase seems to be the most hated thing and I 100% agree. As a student with no time for a job or to make income, buying TFs has become more of a process than I'd like.

I will add though, and please correct me if I'm wrong didn't this price increase occur right when Takara and Hasbro stopped doing individual releases like they stopped releasing 2 versions of the same figure? Some say it's when they started using full-on boxes(I don't personally know or think so, though I think if they are trying to be more ecofriendly maybe don't use cardboard because even if the plastic is bad for the environment, I doubt using even more cardboard and paper is any better.

Either way, I don't think what we are getting now in terms of figure and all the stuff that comes with it(Paint, accessories, etc.) is all that more premium. If I'm being honest the quality and 'cool factor' is at best par with RotF and it's sublines(Which I personally think is one of the best in terms of movie lines excluding Studio Series, but even then). Like they are definitely(In terms of deluxe as an example) not 15 dollar deluxes. 20 is reasonable. 25 is pushing just a bit but fine. 30 and above...yeah sorry causa, to high to be justifiable at least to me.

PS: Also to add on about Leaders and Commander. The future for the leaders looks promising as they seem to be 'true' leaders, but if they aren't I think it's too unstable. Like yeah, they are not voyager price points, but with these prices, I don't think they are leaders either. And commanders, yeah I love em but too fucking high. Like 90 to 100 would be fine(I think they can't be leaders personally just in terms of size and contents) but 120. A loose TR Trypticon(Sometimes sealed) goes for around in some places(Haven't checked recently though) and as much as I love Jetfire, him and Skylynx ain't worth much.

PSS: These price points we have I think should have been saved for maybe the selects line.
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.