Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: continuation of TFA english version and TFA japanese version voting comparison

You gotta realize: the dubbed version of TFA caters to THEIR audience. They want it to do well over there, so they localize it to their target audience.

What it seems like you're doing is that you're watching a Japanese show with a North-American persepective; obviously things will feel out of place and unnecessary. I'm a very big japanese-show watcher (anime, J-doramas, tokusatsu, etc...), and I'll tell you that the Japanese version of TFA is "standard" anime stuff. I don't think it's "better" than the US version (I believe that the original (non-dub) version of anything is always the better one), but from the perspective of a Japanese-show watcher, Japanese TFA is just fine as it is.

Ever tried watching a Bollywood movie? Chase-fight-dance-sing-fight-dance-love-chase-fight-dance-sing-dance-sing-dance. It feels TOTALLY weird to us who grew up with "standard" Hollywood stuff, but to their target audience (ie, the population of India), it's quite normal.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.