Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #11
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Why is the newest version of Omega Supreme so expensive?

Anyone who says Omega is too expensive hasn't actually played with the toy in person. He's so much bigger than the original toy.

Granted I think all TFs' prices have been getting insane, particularly at the Deluxe price point, but to compare the tiny city bots of the 80s to their new Titan sizes now is very different. I love having bases that look huge (to an adult) and can use basically what were "voyager" size vehicles on their ramp (a combiner wars limb is a lot larger than a scramble city limb from when we were kids). And much more durable.

I still love the original 80's toys, but being able to play with my kids with these significantly less fragile base-formers is awesome. And the Titans still feel like a good price-size-feature ratio. Of course I wish they were cheaper, like the cost of Metroplex years ago, but it's still not that bad.

Having said that, I got him on the 20% pre-order too. I'm shocked how low TR Trypticon got, so you could risk waiting for Omega to get clearance prices like TR Trypticon did, but myself, I wouldn't want to miss out.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.