Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:59 PM   #52
Ras
Generation 1
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

I was a hardcore Star Wars Black series collector. Prices went up in a similar fashion and I had complaints about the quality of the figures at the time. As a result I stopped buying and actually sold my entire collection.

From TF, I have some masterpiece, but mostly got them from reasonable prices on sale. But had to stop buying those because of the very high cost. What I always liked about transformer general retail releases were they were great toys, mostly available on shelves, and the value cost was was there. With siege, the main benefits are there (its a very interesting line) but the prices are higher than my comfort factor. So, I have kept my budget the same and this means i wait for sales, and take the chance on missing some figures I won’t find on sale before their gone. I have decided to be ok with this. Do I wish the figure were a bit cheaper so I could buy more? Sure, but at the same time I want the quality and design to be great. So I will buy what I am comfortable with, but less, and support the line as I am able without putting myself out.

I have a similar issue with smart phones. They are all very expensive to me, so I am using a 4 year old phone and thing to get max value. In general I’d say it’s a tough time to be a Canadiian consumer. The dollar compared to the US bakes in a nasty 35% ish loss just on currency conversion. The currency game my help some tycoons, but gives the average consumer a big ol headache.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.