Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #22
Soundwaves
Robot Master
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released At Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
How can you imply greed (you mention licking their lips) on Hasbro's part when you're actively trying to trade a TRU MP10 (originally $100, less on sale) for a Takara MP22, a $220+ figure? LOL they're applying the same markup on this toy that you are.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=58319
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=58521

This has nothing to do with 3P companies; it's clear from the asking prices for this figure on this very board that they way undercharged for the initial TRU release and have since adjusted. They sold out online day 1, so the new price can't be far off what collectors value it at.
I never dictated the market, nor did I ever imply that with all the money spent on this hobby, I wouldn't maximize the value when by happenstance, I wind up with multiples of a figure that actually appreciates.

Predahank, you know full well you've sold toys for more than you've paid too...sorry.

Also, I'm just one guy, looking to trade up...TRADE up. Some people get good deals on other figures and it can work out for both parties. That's what I generally look for.

I buy a lot, sell very rarely, as you should know from taking the time to peruse my sales history.

I'm not a multi national corporation making large margins on mass production and stealing market share from hastak...

lol.

This made me laugh this am. Thanks for that.

So does the idea that hastak pays more attention to the aftermarket (where prices are posted but sales are harder to track) and not their direct competitors ripping off their trademarks.

I'm flattered but I don't think I had more to do with it than say make toys and 600$ devastators.

That notion is probably more a reflection of your own dissatisfaction with apparently, boardies like me.

Last edited by Soundwaves; 07-14-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.