Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:11 AM   #27
freshmeat666
Generation 1
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

[QUOTE=JLvatron;779005]Very agree. While it didn't ruin the movie, the viewing experience would have been better if we could identify the Decepticons to give them more value.

Honestly, I got home and read Wikipedia and thought, "That seeker jet was supposed to be Blitzwing???"

I liked Memo, in a Bob Ross sort of way
But
Bumblebee's brainless clumsiness helped ruin the film for me.

No Transformer knew Megatron or the Allspark cube were on Earth at this time. At least I think.

I have to chime in on this one at this point.. Made myself sit through Bays' first Transformers movie very recently and it was made EXCEPTIONALLY clear in the film that 1. No transformer knew Megatron was on Earth, he had crashed there and subsequently froze solid in ice, essentially deactivated. 2. He was moved to Hoover dam ON PURPOSE to hide him and the cube from the other transformers. (plot device missing here is HOW THE HELL did they keep him frozen to move him there in the first place, but we're not picking on Bay here on this one)

As far as the Bumblebee movie goes. I loved it. I was really annoyed by the trashing of the house scene, but it was ultimately forgivable in the scope of the rest of the film. I liked how Bee had forgotten who he was, it was neat seeing him realise that not only was he capable of fighting back, he was actually GOOD at it. Hailee has said recently that she would like to do another film and honestly, I'd love to see that. Oh and another thing, it's not really a plot hole to see him and Prime together at the end, Prime DID say he was coming and no, he did not say how or when. I thought it was REALLY cool to see Bee roll up on Prime and take point off into the sunset. Can't wait to pick up this bluray.. I don't own any of Bay's and don't plan on it.

And yes, I am a huge Transformer fan and collector.
freshmeat666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.