Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 11:47 PM   #1
RocketGTR
Animated
All things Macross

So I was rewatching Macross Frontier and I realized that my Macross collection is sorely lacking. I really only have the Yamato VF-19A in game colours and the Wave 1/5000th scale SDF-1. The rest are smaller and generally non transforming. I've put a preorder in for the Macross Zero 1/60 VF-0S coming out this Dec from Arcadia to add to my collection.

As I began my search to see what was out there I realized that Arcadia has now replaced Yamato and have begun to re-release some of the molds. Also that Bandai had done their own line now.

I want to build my collection around the 1/60th scale considering I already have the VF-19A and I'm happy with the that scale considering potential space issues.

Now I'll be collecting these as I have room in the budget. I'm just curious from those who collect, what is the quality like on the Bandai ones? Obviously the prices are a little more attractive. However, I've looked at a few pictures and they don't seem to scale with the Yamato/Arcadia versions? Of course I haven't looked into the exact "real" measurements of the fighters so maybe the VF-25 are supposed to be smaller than the older models (IE more advanced tech) Also is it a case of you pay for what you get?

I do also want to pick up a few of the VF's from Frontier. But does Bandai own the licenses for these fighters?

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.